Home beer brewing and wine making with the Oakes family

This blog is about home brewing beer and wines. The Oakes family has been brewing beer and wine at home for a couple of decades now, and is happy to share our experiences with the rest of the world. Home Brew it, you can do it!

Monday, October 10, 2005

Wine Racking

Hello all,

Well it was time to rack the wine this past weekend. I racked both the Green Apple Reisling, and the Meza Luna Red. I started with the Green Apple and racked that into a 6 gal Carboy, I checked the SG, and it was low, all the way down to .993 SG

Thought that was a bit low for me, but we will see. Also raked the Meza Luna red over to a 5 Gal Carboy, and again checked the SG, it was also down to .992 SG. It smelled wonderful. I sampled a glass of the red and it was very good. It will be much better after bottling and aging, but so far so good.

The Green Apple will have the flavour added in a few days, and another racking then clearing. I will do this sometime this week.

Until then....

Have a good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home