Home beer brewing and wine making with the Oakes family

This blog is about home brewing beer and wines. The Oakes family has been brewing beer and wine at home for a couple of decades now, and is happy to share our experiences with the rest of the world. Home Brew it, you can do it!

Thursday, August 11, 2005

MMMMMMM Beer !!! it's ready now

WOW,

It was difficult to keep from drinking all the beer in one night. I have 2 cases, and it has finished in the bottles, in the fridge. I opened one last night, grabbed a nice frosty mug, and slowly poured the beer into the mug.

Oh what a sight, a Dark Amber, but not brown, very clear, and clean looking with a light frothy head.

The first sip was pure heaven. Nice lager flavour, with a hint of oktoberfest malts. A nice clean crisp taste with no after-taste. It's not your typical Lager because of the hops, and darker malts, it is very tasty.

Whats next you ask? I am thinking of making a Grolsch Clone. I found a nice recipe in the Brew Magazine and I am ready to try a clean clear lager, with a nice Light Golden color. Oh yes I have Grolsch bottles to put the beer into, I even have some with Flippy Lids.

Till next time.....

Enjoy life, Drink a Beer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home