Home beer brewing and wine making with the Oakes family

This blog is about home brewing beer and wines. The Oakes family has been brewing beer and wine at home for a couple of decades now, and is happy to share our experiences with the rest of the world. Home Brew it, you can do it!

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Bottling the Green Apple

Oh it has been a while now since the Green Apple started to ferment and become wine, but the wait was realy worth it!.

I finished steralizing all the bottles and got the racking cane out and began to fill the bottles. With Help from my wonderful wife of course, the operation went very fast and smoothly. She would fill the bottles and I would Cork and put them away.

We were left with about half a bottles worth of Green Apple Reisling which we all enjoyed that evening after the bottling.

The wine is crystal clear, and smells very much like Green Apples. There is a hint of Sulfites left but that should go away after a little while, during the aging process.

I spent the rest of the evening cleaning and putting away the Wine making equipment for the holidays. We have run out of room around the apartment to keep the stuff handy to make another batch of brew and with the holidays it will just get in the way. So expect to hear from me again after the new year, to begin a new batch of brew. I think I will try my hand at Mead next. I love the taste of a nice mellow Honey wine.

Till next year
Have a safe and happy holiday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home